People who joke witty and to the point are popular with colleagues, friends and women. How to get a sense of humor, joke and make people laugh? We develop wit and a sense of humor.
When and how to joke
The main thing in humor is its relevance.
Any joke or anecdote has its addressee. Obviously, children are for children. And the adults? After all, people are so different! And by character, and by upbringing, and by education and, which in our case is very important, by the sense of humor - what seems funny to one, does not cause any reaction in another. And that means that it is very important to understand a person and, accordingly, to feel what type of humor he will perceive adequately.
But even more important is to feel the situation. What is good in one situation may be completely unacceptable in another.
How do you make people laugh?
In his book "What the public laughs at" (1918), Charlie Chaplin gives several principles of his art of making people laugh.
"I take some serious plot from life and extract from it all the comic effects that I can find." Let's note the main thing - "I take from life"! To do this, you need to be observant and attentive, have a creative imagination, rich imagination and courage. What Chaplin cannot be denied.
Here are Chaplin's basic tricks as an actor:
1. “I try to appear in front of the audience as a person who is in an awkward, unusual position. Any comic situation is based on this."
So, they took on board: a deviation from the norm (this was discussed above).
2. “It seems to us even more comical a person who has fallen into a ridiculous situation, but refuses to understand this and tries to preserve his dignity. It's just that a drunk is not as funny as a person who is trying with all his might to hide it, especially if he does not succeed. " The viewer understands, but the artist does not seem to understand.
So, it's funny not to understand that you yourself are funny.
3. Remain serious in stupid positions.
4. Put yourself in an unusual, unexpected, contrasting, unreasonably pretentious or unusual position, create awkwardness. The unexpectedness and contrast of the resolution of a tense situation evokes a sigh of relief and joy, and a cascade of surprises evokes a "sea" of laughter.
5. Show people the struggle between good and evil and the victory of good.
How to tell jokes?
We must follow the usual rules of communication. You should always try to predict and track the reaction to your joke (feedback). First, let the interlocutor speak, otherwise he will only listen to himself or his thoughts ("the law of the wood grouse"), and not you. The listener must listen.
Usually they don't laugh at their jokes. “If you want to cause tears, cry yourself, but if you want to cause laughter, you cannot laugh yourself,” says an Italian proverb.
It is known that language, as a means of communication between people, consists not only of words and phrases, but also of intonation (as well as facial expressions and gestures). In Stanislavsky's system, this is determined by the formula "text and subtext". Often the subtext is richer, fuller and more complex than the text. Intonation can emphasize any meaning of what has been said, up to giving the opposite meaning.
It is also important to have at least basic acting skills. A joke or anecdote benefits significantly if it is narrated skillfully, expressively, with appropriate accent, stress and articulation. In general, a well-placed voice is necessary for success, it increases your impact on people. Voice can suppress, charm, and even heal. It is no coincidence that public figures have been trained in oratory since ancient times. Practice in front of the mirror too.
In conclusion, we can give the following formula: Funny, original, benevolent and completely unexpected thought of the ending + expressive voice and gesture of the narrator = a masterpiece of humor.
Ways (techniques) to create jokes
To learn how to joke, it is useful to know how jokes and anecdotes are created and what techniques, methods and principles are used to build them. Many jokes are based on several principles at the same time.
You can give this general advice. A resource for a joke - a humorous idea - should be sought in the object (culprit) of the joke. Over whom (what) you want to laugh, in that and look for the funny.
How to find funny things?
Compare the person with the ideal, find discrepancies and joke about them.
Collect humorous ideas.
Some ways and techniques for creating anecdotes and jokes
1. Creation of jokes and anecdotes by analogy with well-known jokes and anecdotes (transformation of the anecdote, adapting it to the given conditions).
2. Creation of jokes and anecdotes by association.
3. Using the inertia of thinking, which is funny for this situation.
4. Using comparisons and comparisons.
5. Classification by ridiculous criteria.
6. Substitution of concepts, shift of emphasis.
7. Hyperbole, exaggeration or understatement.
8. Ridiculous union of opposites.
9. Unexpected restructuring of familiar connections.
10. Reception shocking. It lies in the fact that at the beginning of the story they overwhelm with non-standard behavior, scandalous trick, violation of generally accepted rules and customs, and end with an unexpected ending that puts everything in its place. And it all ends with laughter.
11. Reception of pseudo-profundity and pseudoscience.
12. Reception of bringing to the uttermost absurdity. Fantastic, impassable stupidity.
13. Using the ambiguity of words and phrases, as well as word creation to create funny.
14. Deviation from the usual train of thought. An unexpected transition from one meaning to another
15. Unexpected answers to simple and harmless questions.
16. Reception "On the contrary". If a reasonable deed is done the other way around, it will become stupidity, and you can laugh at stupidity.
17. Reception "Empathy". The Count's daughter returned from school with the assignment to write a story about a poor family. She began like this: "Dad was poor, Mom was poor, the butler was poor, the driver was poor, all the servants were poor …"