Table of contents:
- Life hacks for men's socks
- Composition of men's socks
- Men's socks length
- Color of men's socks
- Sock pattern
- Men's socks size chart
- The combination of men's socks with clothes and how to choose
2023 Author: Katelyn Chandter | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:08
They are hard to find, very easy to lose and impossible to forget. We wear men's socks every day, but what do we know about them? How did socks come about? How to choose socks, what is the preferred length, the best color for the clothes, the choice of the pattern and the combination of socks? Life hacks for men's socks.
The history of the origin of socks begins in Ancient Greece and Rome. They were made of soft leather and were worn at home by women. Later, they began to put them under the shoes, which were rough and rubbed on their feet. The very word "sock" comes from the name of the special shoe "sokk" (lat. Soccus) for comedy actors in ancient Rome.
Life hacks for men's socks
- Throwing socks into dirty laundry, put one into the other. This will help you not to lose a pair.
- Do you want to know where the second sock is? In 90% of cases, it is under the sofa.
- Raw socks can be dried quickly in the microwave.
- 20 socks are not 10 pairs of noses, but 20 socks.
- The thread connecting the two new socks is stronger than the socks themselves. Better cut than rip.
- If you like to throw socks around the house, and your wife scolds, blame everything on the cat. He hides them around the apartment and under the sofa.
- If they ask you if you change your socks, just tell me about vodka.
- You have holey socks, and you came to visit? Ask for slippers.
- Clean and leaky socks are sometimes easier to buy than to find at home.
- If the girl gave the socks for February 23rd, then say: "Now Dobby is free!" And go away.
Composition of men's socks
Modern socks are made from cotton, wool, polyester, nylon and synthetics. Wool warms feet in winter and cools in summer. Wool is blended with synthetics to increase the durability of the socks and reduce the cost. Cotton socks also regulate the temperature of the feet well and are often used by athletes. Cotton is cheaper than wool, but it is also mixed with synthetics. Synthetics do not absorb sweat well, but are famous for the elasticity and strength of socks.
Natural materials allow feet to breathe, and synthetics provide strength for men's socks. The optimal ratio is considered to be 80% cotton and 20% synthetics. Buy just such.
Men's socks length
How to choose men's socks by length? Men's socks come in wound lengths. Very short socks are used mainly with sports shoes or shoes. Socks are short and of medium length, to mid-calf, most common among men. Long socks, like knee-highs, are rarely used. For warmth, men prefer to put on thermal underwear or underpants.
Color of men's socks
What color to buy when choosing men's socks? The color of men's socks should be lighter than shoes and match the clothes. Men prefer to wear black, blue, gray and beige socks. White socks are acceptable with sportswear. Nowadays, they sometimes wear bright and rich colors of socks to dilute the strict appearance.
Which pattern is preferred? It is advisable to choose a pattern that is small and not bright, so as not to look ridiculous and ridiculous. The socks are in harmony with the clothes, but should not blend in with the shoes.
Men's socks size chart
How to determine the size of socks by shoe or foot size? The sizes of socks are international, European, USA and Russian.
The combination of men's socks with clothes and how to choose
- Socks along with sandals and flip-flops are hackneyed mauvais ton.
- The pattern on the socks implies a combination with the pattern on a tie, bow tie, scarf or neckerchief.
- Socks should not slip off your feet or form ridiculous folds
- The length of men's socks should not be short, so that when a man is sitting, the exposed skin of his legs is not visible.
- It is preferable to wear dark blue socks with jeans.
- Colored socks are not worn with patent leather shoes.
- You cannot wear high socks with shorts.
- Nowadays, young people often do not wear socks or use very short socks that show the open part of the leg. It's trendy.
- Socks are always paired. If one is lost, then there is no need to pick up a similar one.
- The price of socks doesn't have to be very cheap. These socks will last very little.
P. S. Men's socks should be fresh, clean and free of holes. They should not glow in the dark, stand in the corner, “cut” the eyes and they cannot be found in the room by their smell.