Table of contents:
- How to resist manipulation? Your rights
- How to stop the manipulator and confront him?
- Learn to refuse manipulators
- Hit the manipulators back
2023 Author: Katelyn Chandter | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:08
All your life other people will try to use you in their own interests. This war will last for years until you fight back everyone who is used to manipulating you, rolling around on your neck and using you for selfish purposes. You have the right to be respected, ignored, and revenged.
"A man who allows a woman to push him around is not a man or a woman, but simply nothing." Napoleon I Bonaparte
Set your boundaries for personal space and life. Manipulators are used to breaking boundaries, taking advantage of your kindness and their cleverness. But it is they who are to blame for not recognizing the legal rights to freedom of other people. What are your rights? How to deal with vile manipulators?
How to resist manipulation? Your rights
- You have the right to set your priorities first.
- You have the right to say no without feeling guilty or explaining anything.
- You have the right to be treated with respect by others.
- You have the right to ignore blackmail with the words "a real man should".
- You have the right not to do what you don’t want to do.
- You have the right to protect yourself from moral pressure by ignoring and acting.
- You have the right to receive what you paid for in full and without restrictions.
- You are entitled to your opinion, which does not coincide with your opponent.
- You have the right not to succumb to blackmail with tears, pity and references to your conscience.
- You have the right to receive what you honestly earned.
- You have the right to build your life the way you want it.
- You have the right to speak out and express views different from others.
- You have the right to break up with toxic people at any time.
- You have the right to be offended and avoid people if you are offended.
- You have the right to respond to threats with your own countermeasures.
- You have the right not to listen to the advice and moral teachings of other people.
- You have the right to besiege people who have lost their sense of tact.
- You have the right not to work for free and for “thank you”.
- You have the right to express your feelings, and not succumb to other people's desires.
- You have the right to break off a relationship where brains are taken out, and you are unhappy.
- You have the right not to meet other people's expectations and desires.
- You have the right to defend yourself physically from men and women who have lost their sense of proportion.
- You have the right to repay "eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, leg for leg."
- You have the right to punish the insolent and scoundrels who threaten you.
- You have the right to set your own rules in your life.
How to stop the manipulator and confront him?
Manipulators invade your space, hiding behind various motives. Try to ask a couple of questions to expose the manipulator's selfish plans and leave him in the fools. Ask him the following:
- Why should I do this?
- To what extent is it in my interests?
- Why are you demanding something from me?
- What will I get in exchange?
- Why are you counting on my selflessness?
- Do you think it's normal what you say?
- I need money too. So?
- Why are you issuing ultimatums?
- Do I have any extra time?
- Do you think I look like a simpleton or an idiot?
- I probably have my own plans and desires?
- Are they not demanding much of me?
- Do you think this sounds like manipulation?
- Doesn't that sound like blackmail?
- This is a threat?
Learn to refuse manipulators
Tell the manipulator no without explanation and guilt. Simply no. You can't, that's all.
Don't let the manipulators rush to answer when they try to get a quick promise from you. Say what you think and give your answer later. This will allow you to take a pause, reflect and give the answer you need, not the manipulator.
Think about yourself first and refuse manipulators.
Hit the manipulators back
Manipulators are colleagues, loved ones, other half, friends, unfamiliar people or strangers. As long as you are compliant, passive and weak, manipulators will use you. But as soon as you start to fight back, you will be pressured, intimidated and even threatened.
You have the right to set your boundaries in your life. Tell the manipulator about the possible consequences of his act. You can break contact with him, ignore him, complain, strike back, or even retaliate.
Don't be manipulated. Don't let yourself be a weakling and a victim.