Table of contents:
- Why are we nervous and worried?
- What is the harm from excitement, nervousness and worries?
- How can you reduce the overall level of anxiety and nervousness in life?
- How to cope with a panic attack
- How to hide nervousness and excitement?
- How to calm down and stop being nervous?
- How to strengthen your nerves and worry less?
2023 Author: Katelyn Chandter | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:08
How to stay cool and calm in any life situation? The ability to control your emotions, mood and behavior gives a person the opportunity to always emerge victorious. How to calm down in stressful situations, after breakups, during exams, interviews and other difficult moments in life?
"The highest degree of human wisdom is the ability to adapt to circumstances and remain calm despite external thunderstorms." Daniel Defoe
Why do our hands sweat, anxiety appears, jitters begin, heart rate increases, blood pressure rises, the mind becomes foggy in the head, insomnia develops, and we become extremely inadequate? It's nerves are naughty.
But all these griefs are fixable if you behave correctly and react to what is happening. How to calm down and stop being nervous in case of any hardships in life?
Why are we nervous and worried?
The state of nervousness, discomfort, trembling and excitement comes for a reason. The physiological cause of anxiety is the nervous system, and the psychological one is our tendency to worry about trifles and self-doubt.
In difficult moments of life, we sound the alarm too actively that we begin to feel discomfort. When does excitement happen?
- Self-doubt in everyday life.
- Mandrage at an exam, interview, meeting or other important event.
- Dangerous situations for health and life.
- Fear of defeat in the future before an important and responsible business.
- Sad and unpleasant events in the past.
What is the harm from excitement, nervousness and worries?
A person's tendency to be nervous about any reason is not our body's natural reaction to a stressful situation. The ability to react to a situation can and should be controlled. Why do you need to remove unnecessary excitement?
- Health difficulties. Constantly on your nerves? This makes you feel exhausted, tired, weak, and sleepy. You experience reduced productivity, as well as problems with well-being and health.
- Lack of concentration. Excitement makes it difficult to concentrate and take control of the situation. And at this time, maximum efficiency and productivity are required.
- External vulnerability. You have poor control over your facial expressions, intonation and gestures. This can give away your inner discomfort, which will have a negative impact on the performance, interview, or meeting.
- The impracticability of realizing their capabilities. Excitement and nervousness make it difficult to concentrate on important things, goals and plans. When, because of your nerves, you miss all the best and most interesting things in life. When excitement prevents you from enjoying life.
Nervousness brings only negative moments to our life and spoils it.
How can you reduce the overall level of anxiety and nervousness in life?
Avoid negative emotions, empty worries and emotional experiences. Avoid useless quarrels and polemics. This could be an occasional dispute in transport, a store, or at work. If you are upset with some people, then reduce your communication with them.
Get away from a bad movie, don't eat bad food, don't read an uninteresting book, give up a futile business, don't talk to idiots. Do not meet those who make you unhappy, but look for those who make you happy. Don't waste time on those who lie, who are bad, who are angry, who are sad and depressed.
Eliminate everything from life to the maximum that makes you sad and upset. This will relieve many of the problems that cause worry and excitement.
How to cope with a panic attack
"Calmness is nothing more than proper order in thoughts." Marcus Aurelius
How to stop being nervous in stressful situations? Panic attacks can occur anytime, anywhere. A person tries to maintain self-control, but then everything seems to explode. The man was strong for a long time, and then breaks down and he starts to panic. What to do during a panic attack?
- Get distracted. With a panic attack, it is important to be distracted by something else. Look out the window, stick to your phone, read a book, listen to music. This will reduce anxiety and anxiety.
- Warm up. Get some fresh air, clench and unclench your palms, squat, eat candy, massage your earlobes. The body will be distracted and calm down.
- Drink some water. It is always good to have a bottle of water on hand. Drink some water during a panic attack. This will reduce the anxiety.
- Breathe with your diaphragm or belly. Usually, all people prefer to breathe through their chest. During times of panic and anxiety, start breathing in your belly. Breathe in and out completely. Count to breathe slowly, not fast. Working with breathing will allow you to normalize your condition and bounce back.
- Laugh. It is good to remember, watch or read something funny: a funny story, a joke or an anecdote. Laughter always reduces stress levels.
How to hide nervousness and excitement?
“A fool fusses with might and main, having started a trifle - the clever one remains calm, taking on a great cause. Indian proverb
How not to succumb to nervousness in a difficult situation and hide your excitement? Try to maintain an external calm, which will help calm the internal, come to your senses and take control of the situation.
- Watch your facial expressions, voice and demeanor. A person is given markers of nervousness: chaotic movements, impulsivity, fidgeting in a chair, fiddling with clothes, shifting from foot to foot, or twisting a handle.
- Take your time and don't fuss. Hurry makes us feel more nervous, especially when we are late. Stop for a while, catch your breath, relax and slow down. Fussiness speaks of a person's insecurity and excitement. Therefore, reduce the speed of speech and action.
- Play calm. Demonstrate equanimity and composure with all your appearance. r Nothing worries you or touches you. You are an ice block of calm. Speak loud, clear and measured. Smile, be positive and confident. Straighten your shoulders, do not cross your arms or legs. Look confident and calm, even if there is some fear inside.
External calmness is transferred to the internal one, and the person gradually calms down and worries less. This is psychology.
How to calm down and stop being nervous?
How to calm down after a breakup or an important event? We love to take everything to heart. As a result, we think about events in the past and iterate over them again. Gradually, we become even more nervous and depressed.
Try not to reflect on the past. What was in the past can no longer be returned. But there is always the opportunity to leave the past in the past. Close the door tightly and leave the events of the past behind.
Get carried away with a hobby, find a new girlfriend, change your field of activity, go to another city, travel, meet new people, visit interesting places, set new goals. Get distracted by other things, and life will once again sparkle with new colors.
How to strengthen your nerves and worry less?
How to develop composure, confidence and calmness in any situation? To do this, you should pump the nervous system, the strength of the inner world and character. This will allow you not to be nervous about trifles and worry less in critical situations.
- Go in for sports. In a healthy body healthy mind. An active lifestyle will improve our physical and psychological well-being. Sports activities give us attractiveness, better physical shape and self-confidence. Sport by itself will strengthen the nervous system.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle. Alcohol and smoking do not strengthen the nerves, but make them weaker. Take a contrast shower, eat healthy foods, avoid sedentary lifestyles, walk outside and move more.
- Don't worry about trifles. Bus is late? You cannot influence this. Spilled coffee? What is there to do. Has something happened that does not depend on you? You cannot influence it, but you can choose how you react to it.
- Give yourself some rest. We love to push ourselves, sleep little, rarely rest, and be busy all the time. This raises the level of dissatisfaction with the body's lifestyle. A person begins to get irritated, worried, angry and nervous more quickly even over the smallest trifles.
- Don't run away from problems. Afraid of speaking in public? Train on your own until you feel more confident. When it's difficult to meet girls, you don't need to shut yourself up. Approach the girls as often as possible to reduce your anxiety. Do not run away from problems, but turn to face them. Gradually, the excitement will return to normal.
- Get out of the ordinary. Do extreme sports, meet new people, watch action films and visit unfamiliar places. Step out of your comfort zone more often to learn to be more cool-headed.
- Look 100%. Great looks give confidence. If you are in good shape, nicely dressed, and you look brand new, then everything will be fine. An attractive image gives us confidence, which reduces anxiety.
How to calm down and stop being nervous? You don't need pills and psychologists. Learn to control yourself, pump your equanimity and stay cool with these tips.
You are braver than you suspect, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. You can cope with any difficulty and emerge victorious. Good luck!