Table of contents:
- How do others see me? Johari window
- What do people think of you? How to change your opinion about yourself?
2023 Author: Katelyn Chandter | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:08
Every person wants attention, recognition and respect. You can be great, interesting and special, but people see you differently. How do I know how others see me? How to form your personal image that will help you achieve what you want in your career, relationships, friendship and life? How to change your opinion of yourself for the better?
How do people see you from the outside? You can count one thing, but others may stubbornly refuse to recognize you. It is not always possible to make the necessary and correct impression on others, which affects the quality of future life.
People do not see many of your positive qualities, desires and aspirations. Girls do not perceive you the way you try to present yourself. The bosses see you as a slightly different employee than you yourself think. People are not very willing to be friends with you. Differences in perception can negatively affect all areas of life.
A technique called the Johari Window was created by two American psychologists Joseph Lift and Harrington Inham. It helps to find the relationship between how you see yourself and how people around you see you. Each person has 4 zones: open, blind, hidden and unknown.
Get to know yourself better in order to better manage your own destiny and improve the quality of life at times.
How do others see me? Johari window
1. Open area
In an open area, the qualities of a person, which he knows himself and others see behind him. The larger and wider this zone, the easier it is for a person. It is necessary to expand the open area in order to be more free in action and better realize oneself in life. Ask yourself questions to understand yourself.
- What are your greatest strengths, talents and qualities?
- How do you present yourself? What is your image and style of communication with others?
- How real are you when you're not pretending?
2. Hidden area
In this area there are qualities of a person that are known to him, but others do not know. It makes sense to hide your weaknesses and present yourself in the best light. You can reduce the hidden area by demonstrating your positive sides to others and opening up from a new side for them.
- What other people don't know about you?
- What are you hiding or embarrassed to show to yourself?
- What features would you like to change, and therefore do not disclose to others?
3. Blind spot
Often a person has qualities that others see, but he does not notice himself. These are various flaws that a person does not recognize, does not want to see, or simply does not notice. It is very dangerous to have many flaws in the blind spot. You should seek advice from others and analyze the feedback received.
- How do people react to you and your lifestyle?
- How do others see you and what do they say about you?
- What advice or hints do people around you give you?
4. Unknown zone
Some qualities are hidden deep within us. But they are capable of manifesting themselves in difficult or extreme situations. There are many abilities that are not yet in demand. For example, people become writers, artists, or start a business only at the age of 40-60. Sometimes they show leadership and heroic abilities in extreme situations. We surprise ourselves when we discover our hidden sides.
- What traits and qualities do you want to have?
- What character traits are familial or manifested in unusual situations?
- What kind of people do you admire and who do you want to be like?
What do people think of you? How to change your opinion about yourself?
How to change your perception in other people's eyes? You should think about what you know about yourself. It is important to understand what others think of you. After this analysis, you need to correct your image in the eyes of others. The following steps will help you improve your image.
- Think about what people think of you and how you want them to think.
- Don't be too humble, timid, shy, or squeezed.
- Overcome your fear and become more confident. Straighten your shoulders and be more bold.
- Do not be afraid to show your best side and reveal your positive qualities to others.
- Ask competent and reputable people for advice.
- Listen carefully to criticism, but separate the constructive from the destructive.
- Take responsibility and don't be afraid to take on serious business.
- Find out from others what qualities and character traits you lack in their opinion.
- Communicate more with the people you want to be like.
- Find your flaws, vulnerabilities and weaknesses. Now get rid of them.
- Pump up your strengths and don't be afraid to show them to others.
- Make a list of the qualities that you want to have and that you want to acquire.
How do others see you? How do you want to be seen? Change the way people think about yourself. You will be a more interesting, competent and promising person. They will want to be friends with you, communicate and work. In the eyes of the opposite sex, you will become a cooler option. Success and happiness in life depends on your image.