Table of contents:
2023 Author: Katelyn Chandter | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:08
We all remember books and films about the indigenous population of America, which was exterminated by the colonialists. The Indians lived in harmony with nature and with themselves. The wisdom of the Indians was deeper and wider than that of the conquerors who came in large numbers. What can we learn from the Indians?
Anthropologists are sure that the Indians crossed from Asia to North America through the isthmus of the Bering Strait, which disappeared about 10 thousand years ago. Migration in several waves began around 70 thousand years BC. NS. After they scattered and settled in America.
But with the arrival of the colonialists, many tribes were killed completely or died from disease, and the number of Indians was significantly reduced. The population of America, before the discovery by Europeans, ranged from 40 to 100 million people. There are now about 2.3 million Indians living in the United States. The most famous Indian tribes are Cherokee, Apache, Comanche, Navajo.
“I was born on the prairie, where there was a free wind, and nothing could break the sunlight. I was born where there were no fences, and where everything breathed freely … I know every stream and every forest between the Rio Grande and Arkansas. I hunted in this country. I lived like my fathers before me, and like them I lived happily. " - Ten bears
The Indians had their own civilization, religion and their wisdom, based on nature. What can we learn from Indians who were once victims of the genocide of invaders? Clever expressions of the Indians who have absorbed all the wisdom of their ancestors. Indian wisdom in words and quotes.
1. Seek wisdom, not just knowledge. Knowledge is the past and wisdom is the future.
2. You have everything to become great.
3. When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live so that when you die, you rejoiced, and the world cried.
4. Inside a person, two wolves are fighting: an evil one and a good one. The one you feed wins.
5. Man must make his own arrows.
6. When the time comes to die, do not be one whose heart is filled with fear. Do not cry, do not pray and do not beg for mercy in order to live a little longer. Sing your song of death and die like a hero walking home.
7. A good person sees only good signs.
8. You must look deeper, far below anger, resentment, hatred, jealousy, self-pity. Much deeper where dreams lie Find your dream. Chasing a dream heals you.
9. You will always be recognized and appreciated by the footprints you leave behind.
10. Treat the land well. We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
11. The enemy is not always the enemy, but each other.
12. Everything on earth has its own purpose, for every disease - a medicine, and for every person - a mission.
13. The silent one knows twice as much as the talker.
14. Every important decision you make has an impact on the next 7 generations.
15. What is life? This is the flash of a firefly in the night. This is the breath of a buffalo in winter. It is a small shadow that runs across the grass and gets lost at sunset.
16. Wisdom comes when we stop looking for it and start living the life we want.
17. Adults can learn from very young children because the hearts of young children are pure.
18. Silence and calm days are needed to hear yourself.
19. The measure of civilization is not the height of buildings, but the attitude of people to the surrounding nature and to each other.
20. A person is alive as long as he remains in the hearts of people.
21. Any force generates resistance.
22. The best teacher is the heart.
23. Don't be afraid to cry. This will get rid of sad thoughts.
24. Small fears seem big, which prevent you from achieving the important life goals that you need to achieve.
25. There is only one thing worth living for. It is the light that fills the world.
26. Children learn by example. You need to show an example of how it should be.
27. Peace means respect for the rights of others.
28. Some things are striking, but chase those that go to the heart.
29. When all the trees are cut down, the water is polluted and the air is unsafe to breathe, we find that money cannot be eaten.
30. Look at the footprints of your moccasins before you judge other people.
31. The meaning of life is not how far you move in your path, but how you change in your heart.
32. If you notice that you are riding a dead horse, then get off it.
33. Better to have less thunder in your mouth and more lightning in your hand.
34. When you burn with the inner fire of an unbreakable will, the cold cannot touch your heart and stop it on the way to the goal.
35. There is no death. There is only a change of worlds. We will live again, we will live again.
The wisdom of the ancient Indians remained in the memory of people even when they changed this world to another …