Inspiration is needed not only for creative people, but also for everyone who wants to succeed in life and be happy. What is inspiration and how do you find it?
“You shouldn't wait for inspiration, you should chase it with a club” - Jack London
We all have days when we are not very inspired, when we need passion and creativity to come to us.
I know what to do.
For those who need a little nudge, whose creativity has dried up, those who need to move on … I humbly offer this simple guide.
While I never claim that I have all the answers to all the questions, nor that my way is the only one, I am sharing here what I learned about inspiration, some tricks that worked for me.
I often find myself in need of inspiration, but in all cases I have found it. And that is great.
What is inspiration?
Many people think of this as a false quality that is not coercive, and yet it is possible to find it if you look for it.
Others think it’s a way to find ideas, but it’s more than ideas… it’s a movement to bring those ideas to life.
Inspiration is looking for something inspired by divine inspiration (people, nature, amazing ideas), feeling that inspiration has entered you ("breath" is the root of "inspiration"), and then making a decision. Creation, fulfillment, inspiration of others.
Inspiration is found almost everywhere you can look if you are looking for it. Here's the key: keep your eyes open. Too often, we miss out on great sources of inspiration because we're too busy thinking about other things.
Be observant. Consider everything around you as a possible source of inspiration.
Some possible sources of inspiration:
• people around you
• large projects
• social media
• success stories
• life is everywhere
Just keep your eyes open at all times, stay in the present moment as much as possible, and allow yourself to breathe that inspiration.
How to stay inspired
Inspiration is not just a one-off thing. You will need it on a regular basis.
When you practice the method outlined above - keeping your eyes open, staying present and breathing inspiration - you become better at it. It turns into a skill that you can use at any time, and you will use it often.
Some tips to keep you inspired:
1. Work with inspired people. One of the best ways to stay inspired is to work with creative, energetic, positive people.
2. Read every day. A variety of things, from blogs to magazines and books of all genres.
3. Go outside. Nature is one of the biggest sources of inspiration, and you will miss it if you sit at home all day.
4. Talk to new people. They will always open up new and interesting things for you if you are open to it.
5. Break out of the routine. Look at things from a different perspective. Take a new route home. Go to a new restaurant. Visit something new in your area.
6. Take time for silence. This is more inspiring than you might think. Unfortunately, not many of us do this.
7. Get exercise, or at least get moving. It helps the blood circulate and sets ideas in motion. My most inspirational thoughts come while running.