We are not aware of what we are doing, where we are going, what we are striving for and how we are acting. Let it go nowhere. You do not know exactly what you would like to change in your life? So it's time to decide where to go.
We do what we do because it leads to the satisfaction of our needs. We develop special habits: perfectionism, a negative attitude towards others, overeating, smoking, workaholism, the desire to spend more than you earn, the desire to hide from others, etc. The important thing is that any of them corresponds to our inner needs. But since we are not aware of what we are doing, all attempts to solve our internal problems become for us an even bigger problem than the one we originally intended to solve.
You do not know exactly what you would like to change in your life? To help you, here's a great exercise suggested by Dona Markova, author of The Smart Parenting Revolution:
1. List all the goals that you would like to achieve over the next twenty years. Write quickly without thinking.
2. Next, put in front of each goal the number of years that you will devote to achieving it (for example, 1, 5, 10, or 20).
3. Circle the four main goals that you have taken one year to achieve.
4. Write down everything that needs to be done to achieve these goals, even though you would not like to do so.
5. Choose the most desired goal, despite the fact that opposite it you have listed the most difficult tasks that must be completed in order to achieve it.