Sometimes a short phrase has more meaning than long texts. Hermann Hesse on life, relationships, goals, dreams and more. 20 best thoughts of Hermann Hesse! German writer, artist and Nobel laureate Hermann Hesse on some fragments of life.
Some of Hermann Hesse's best thoughts!
1. You can live a full life only at the cost of your “I”.
2. Only the weak are sent on a safe path.
3. If you absolutely need someone's permission for your pleasure, then you are really a poor fellow.
4. It is shameful to be unhappy. It is shameful to be ashamed of your life, to hide and disguise something!
5. Love does not exist to make us happy. I think it was created to show us how strong we are in suffering and patience.
6. Despair is not sent to us by God in order to kill us, he is sending it to us to awaken new life in us.
7. If we can make a person happier and more cheerful, we should do it in any case, whether he asks us about it or not.
8. Each person considers the suffering that befell him to be the greatest.
9. Do ideals exist to be attained? Do we humans live to abolish death? No, we live to be afraid of her, and then love again, and it is thanks to her that life is so wonderfully ablaze at other hours.
10. Animals are more real than people. They don't want to flatter you, they don't want to impress you. Nothing ostentatious. As they are, they are, like stones and flowers, or like stars in the sky.
11. Either you hang yourself - hang yourself like that, so you have a reason for it - or you live on, and then you only need to take care of life.
12. Easy life, easy love, easy death are not for me.
13. Do not be afraid and do not consider anything that our soul desires to be forbidden.
14. Everyone's true calling is only one thing - to come to oneself.
15. People who do not run after the herd are rare everywhere.
16. No one dreams of something that does not concern him.
17. When we hate someone, we hate in his image that which is in ourselves. That which is not in ourselves does not touch us.
18. All humor begins with the fact that a person stops taking himself seriously.
19. Everything is repeated, everything that has not been suffered to the end and redeemed.
20. Happiness is love, nothing else. He who can love is happy.