Everyone wants to be young, strong, healthy and beautiful, but few know how to achieve this. The secret of prolonging a person's life and youth lies in the following tips.
The renowned British oncologist David Eygas gives practical advice on how to prolong life and preserve youth, writes Nicola Perilli, a correspondent for the Italian newspaper La Repubblica.
British oncologist David Eygas is known even to the general public: he can speak clearly, in simple words, explain the results of the latest research in the fight against cancer. But, most importantly, you can benefit from these studies, taking them into account in your life. So, the scientist advises us to stay completely naked for several minutes a day, and also to avoid scanners at the airport. “Maybe you should take this advice,” writes the author of the article.
Life Extension Secrets
1. Smile. Smiling improves your mood. This simple gesture leads to the release of endorphins and serotonin - hormones that reduce the level of harmful stress.
2. Maintain correct posture. Moving properly means avoiding arthritis, circulatory problems, headaches, muscle aches and shortness of breath. In general, it promotes better functioning of the body, helping to prevent serious illnesses.
3. Give up high heels. Inflammatory processes associated with the habit of wearing very high heels are linked by science to the emergence of cardiovascular diseases, Alzheimer's disease, cancer, autoimmune pathologies, diabetes, accelerated aging. In other words, it is best to wear tennis shoes.
5. Away all clothes - at least a few minutes a day. Stand naked in front of a mirror and examine yourself with admiration from all sides. This improves self-esteem and prevents the appearance of tumors. Are you surprised? A careful examination of your body helps to "diagnose" possible changes in the skin, alarm bells. This also applies to hair, nails, mouth. Do not miss a single centimeter of your body, the doctor advises.
6. Drink wine. Just like coffee, small doses of wine can be a panacea. Red wine (a glass a day) postpones the threat of developing cardiac diseases and other pathologies.
7. Stay away from scanners. They are used to prevent terrorist attacks and security problems, but no one has yet scientifically proven that airport scanners are safe for health.
8. Observe the diet … It's boring, but the default program is useful. Maintaining a lifestyle 365 days a year reduces stress. Thus, you should eat at approximately the same time and do not skip meals; depriving yourself of lunch or dinner means not only increasing feelings of hunger, but also provoking a rise in the level of cortisol - the stress hormone.
11. Take one aspirin daily. Aygas explains: don't overdo it. The exception is aspirin. Acetylsalicylic acid not only has a beneficial effect on the heart, but is able to delay the appearance of a number of pathologies due to its strong anti-inflammatory properties. Recent studies show that low-dose aspirin (75 mg per day) can reduce the risk of cancer in the lungs, colon and prostate by 46%.
12. Stand on your feet. A sedentary lifestyle is known to be harmful. There is a direct link between the time we spend sitting and diseases such as obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and premature death. Two hours a day of exercise is enough to compensate for 22 hours spent sitting or lying down. Moreover, you can just stand on your feet, the doctor notes.
13. Freeze fruits. Instead of eating fruits out of season, when they have lost most of their nutritional value, it is best to buy them at the right time and freeze them. This rule also applies to greenery.