A grand experiment with the up-and-coming 24-year-old genius of underground art style Pavel Galanin.
Pavel Galanin, a young talented artist working in the style of art graphics, became the first painter in history to be signed to a music label. Black Star inc. headed by Timati, she went on a grand experiment and signed a contract with a promising 24-year-old genius of underground art style.
Pavel, having graduated from the School of Russian-Slovak Friendship and the Law Faculty of MNYUI, from childhood was fascinated by two areas: music and fine arts. As a result, after studying at the Art Academy in 1905, the young artist decided to combine his two passions and in a few years of work became the main portrait painter of the most famous musicians, cultural figures and legends of the world show industry. In his collection there are more than one hundred works, including portraits of Viktor Tsoi, Vladimir Vysotsky, Bono, Mikhei and, of course, his father - an outstanding rock musician, lead singer of the Serga group - Sergei Galanin.
Now Pavel Galanin is working on new portraits: now he wants to capture the heroes of the 21st century generation of musicians. The first person reflected on the artist's canvas was the face of the country's main hip-hop artist, who was the first to bring Russian hip-hop to the international level and, just as the first to realize the depth and scope of Galanin Jr.'s talent, is the face of Timati. Now Timati is not just the inspirer of the young creator, but also his producer.
Pavel Galanin and Timati are currently preparing several unique joint projects, including the author's exhibition of the artist in one of the best galleries in Moscow and completely unexpected experiments, the secrets of which the partners have not yet revealed.
The son of the lead singer of the Serga group - artist Pavel Galanin - signed a contract with the Black Star label of rapper Timati, and also starred in several clips of artists from his retinue.
- I want the name Galanin to be associated not only with my father. I am me, and the father is the father, - the young artist shared.
The 24-year-old son of rock legend Sergei Galanin discovered a gift for drawing in his early childhood, but only recently began to specialize in portraits of famous people, made in the style of art graphics.
The idea to paint professionally came to the young man after the death of his grandmother, the mother of a famous rocker, who shortly before her death bequeathed her grandson to become an artist with a capital letter.
- I took her words as a sign from above. She felt that I needed to do just that, - said Pavel. - When she was gone, I realized that drawing is my vocation. In my first portraits in this style, I depicted my two main idols - Vladimir Semenovich Vysotsky and Viktor Robertovich Tsoi.
The father of the young talent is sure that Galanin Jr. has chosen the right direction and Timati's patronage will help his son's creative development.
- Timati is such a character, as I have already found out for myself, natural. That is, this is not a game of expensive cars and a lot of money. She is. In general, I believe that in creativity you just need to find your own chip and your own handwriting. And move in that direction.
Pavel was one of the first to paint portraits of his father, his friends and colleagues. In the list of the artist's favorite characters, in addition to dad, Vysotsky, Sukachev, Arshavin, Mikhei, Tsoi, Bono, Kinchev and Timati.
Galanin Jr. has already demonstrated his works at the jubilee concert of the Serga group. Now he is planning a large-scale exhibition in the capital. And the plans of a caring parent are to help his son with all his might.
- He saved my anniversary with his paintings. We showed them on huge screens and the people who came to our anniversary concert were delighted, - said Galanin Sr.- He drew many of my friends, including Garik Sukachev, and in such an unusual role. I never thought that it could be portrayed in pink and marsh colors. But it turned out very interesting. Now this portrait hangs in his house. We also need to hand over the portrait to Pyotr Mamonov - Pashka painted it quite recently, we haven’t had time to meet yet.
In the spring, Muscovites will be able to see the works of a novice artist in one of the metropolitan galleries, but for now Galanin Jr. dreams that one day the famous surname will be associated not only with his father, but also with himself.
- This is my biggest dream. To be cool, again - in a good sense of the word, serious, real creative, - said Pavel. - In this direction I also want to move. I want to become a noble, professional guy.