California pistachios contain a complex of nutrients that have a positive effect on men's health, including sexual health.
Fatigue and stress have a negative effect on the body, and sexual health is affected in the first place. Weak libido can be caused by an unbalanced diet. Research has proven that Californian pistachios contain a complex of nutrients that have a positive effect on men's sexual health.
A daily serving of Californian pistachios (49 nuts, or 30 grams) helps increase male potency thanks to 4 essential elements, including folate, zinc, arginine and unsaturated fat.
California pistachios are distinguished by their larger size and oblong shape, light shell, bright green color of the nucleoli and great taste.
1. California pistachios prevent impotence
Impotence (erectile dysfunction) is a sexual disorder that, according to statistics, affects 152 million men worldwide (5 million Russian citizens). The amino acid arginine, as a natural stimulant of desire, is very useful in the treatment of sexual dysfunctions. In the human body, arginine is converted to nitric oxide, which dilates blood vessels and increases endurance.
Like most nuts, pistachios are an excellent source of arginine (one serving of pistachios contains 2.5 grams of arginine). Californian pistachios are 6 times more antioxidants than green tea and twice as many as strawberries and red wine.
|Koke Arana - Foto Studio Digital - Stereocity Photo: flickr.com/fotostudiodigital|
3. California pistachios increase testosterone levels
Pistachios provide 4% of the daily zinc requirement. This "sexy" mineral promotes testosterone production and is involved in the development of male reproductive organs and the maturation of sperm.
Studies have shown that 20-25% of the adult population has a zinc deficiency, symptoms of which are delayed puberty and impotence, among others.
4. California pistachios reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
Recent studies have shown that patients with impotence are twice as likely to have cardiovascular disease. This is because cardiovascular disease and impotence are caused by common risk factors, including high blood pressure, smoking, lipid abnormalities, and diabetes.
According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition6, one to two handfuls of pistachios (45-90 grams) per day can help reduce cardiovascular risk factors. Californian pistachios also help reduce the risk of impotence through healthy fats. Pistachios are a rich source of dietary fat (13 grams per serving), 90% of which are unsaturated. By replacing saturated fat in the diet, California pistachios can help lower bad cholesterol levels and therefore reduce the risk of heart disease and impotence.
1. Mayo Clinic. Erectile dysfunction herbs: A natural treatment for ED? 12 Sept 2008.
2. Chen J, Wollman Y, Chernichovsky T, Iaina A, Sofer M, Matzkin H. Effect of oral administration of high-dose nitric oxide donor L-arginine in men with organic erectile dysfunction: results of a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. BJU Int. 1999 Feb; 83 (3): 269-73.
3. National Institutes of Health - Office of Dietary Supplements. Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Zinc. 21 Jan 2009.
4. Ebisch IM, Thomas CM, Peters WH, Braat DD, Steegers-Theunissen RP. The importance of folate, zinc, and antioxidants in the pathogenesis and prevention of subfertility. Human Reproduction Update. 2007 Mar-April; 13 (2): 163-74.
5. Gazzaruso C, Solerte S, Pujia A, Coppola A, Vezzoli M, Salvucci F, Valenit C, Giustina A, Garzanti A. Erectile Dysfunction as a Predictor of Cardiovascular Events and Death in Diabetic Patients With Angiographically Proven Asymptomatic Coronary Artery Disease. J Am Coll Cardio. 2008; 51: 2040-2044.
6. Sheridan, M. J., Cooper, J. N. (2007). Pistachio nut consumption and serum lipid levels. J Am Coll Nutr, 26 (2), 141-148 (2007).